One of the important features of a great kitchen, and often one of the first things people notice when they enter your house, are the kitchen cabinets. It is time to think about how to give your cabinets a fresh look if they are starting to appear antiquated and worn. And when it comes to remodelling your kitchen, one of the most significant decisions you must make is replacing or painting your kitchen cabinets. This decision is often based on cost, as replacing cabinets can be expensive while painting kitchen cabinets is more affordable.
Let’s first talk about replacing kitchen cabinets!
Replacing Kitchen Cabinets & Costs
So you are planning to replace your kitchen cabinets with new and chic ones? Have you already made up your mind? Did you work on cost calculations? What about your limited budget? Before beginning with the kitchen cabinet replacement project, remember a few more details affecting their replacement costs. You will want to make a fully informed decision about new cabinets and those other vital details that go into a successful kitchen renovation.
Below is a typical run-down of specific kitchen cabinets’ multiple and most common quality levels and expected costs.
- Custom cabinets are made from scratch and often include personalized details such as a custom paint colour, specific shelving sizes, and slide-out shelves with unique shades. Custom cabinets are the most expensive due to the customization and personalized touch depending on the homeowners’ distinctive demands. However, custom cabinets will guarantee the look you are hoping for and will last longer in maintaining a fresh and new look. Custom kitchen cabinets might cost you between $500 and $1200 per linear foot. Nevertheless, it depends on your cabinets’ style, design, material, and size.
- Stock cabinets are often premade to standard styles, designs, and sizes in a factory. They are generally the cheapest of all the kitchen cabinetry selections. Why? Because they are premade and can’t be personalized to your specifications. Although they are reasonable, they might also come off as being a little boring or straightforward. A linear foot of standard cabinets might cost between $50 and $250, depending on the size you want for your kitchen. Stock cabinets are the ideal choice for average homeowners – more importantly, if you have a tight budget and enjoy a little remodel touch for your kitchen.
Your total purchase price will increase due to installation expenses for kitchen cabinets. Yet, you might want to avoid attempting cabinet installation on your own. A poor installation could cause your cabinets to pull away from the walls or make them uneven, with unsightly gaps between them. You should anticipate paying approximately $150 to $380 per linear foot for thorough installation. Installing each cabinet will take 60 to 80 minutes. You should budget one or two hours of labour for each installed cabinet.
Painting Kitchen Cabinets & Costs
Painting kitchen cabinets is an excellent way to transform the look of your kitchen without the cost and hassle of a complete renovation. It’s a popular choice for homeowners who want to update their kitchen’s appearance quickly, easily, and inexpensively.
- One of the main advantages of painting kitchen cabinets is that it’s a cost-effective solution. Cabinet replacement can be expensive, ranging from $5,000 to $20,000, depending on the kitchen size and the cabinets’ quality. On the other hand, painting kitchen cabinets can cost as little as $500, depending on the size of the kitchen and the quality of the paint and supplies used.
- Painting kitchen cabinets can also be a quick solution. Cabinet replacement can take weeks, from the time it takes to order and receive new cabinets to installing them. Painting kitchen cabinets, on the other hand, can be done in just a few days, depending on the size of the kitchen and the amount of prep work required.
- Another advantage of painting kitchen cabinets is that it allows you to choose any colour or finish you want. This gives you the flexibility to change the look of your kitchen and create a custom design that matches your style and personality. Additionally, painted cabinets can be easily updated with a fresh coat of paint, making it an excellent choice for those who often like to change their home decor.
Painting kitchen cabinets yourself will be substantially less expensive. Your base cost would be anywhere from $200 to $600, depending on the kind of paint and the supplies you will most likely use. While doing the job yourself will save you money, be aware of the time you will put in. Secondly, you may be compromising quality when doing it yourself. Also, replacing kitchen cabinets can be expensive; however, the results will be according to your expectations and last longer than usual. Consult an expert kitchen painting service for further assistance to make the BEST INVESTMENT OF YOUR LIFE!